Girvan Golf Links C.1930.Records show that golf was played at Girvan as early as 1751 when gentlemen from the district gathered to play on a early coastal Links.A Golf Links existed from 1860 with Preswick Professional Charles Hunter laying out the first proper 9 hole course on Stair Park.The Club then moved twice before returning in 1902 to Girvan to the newly formed Girvan Burgh Golf Club with the Council keen for Golf to return as a tourist attraction.  Land was aquired from Mr.& Mrs.J.C.Kennedy with Prestwick St Nicholas Professional David Kinnell laying out a new course using the new land & the land that remained from the original course,the Club officially opened in 1903 at which point it became A Municipal,

with the involvement of the Council, which it has remained ever since.In 1920 James Braid was hired to update the Links & this card shows approx ten years after the improvements.There is a choice of two of this card,both in superb condition.                                                                                                                Ref.961

Girvan Municipal Golf Links Ref 961 C.1930s

£9.99Price

    . Proudly created with Wix.com

    Cart
    Cart
    Cart