Girvan Golf Links C.1930.Records show that Golf was played in Girvan as early as 1751,with gentlemen gathering to play on a coastal  Links.A Golf Club existed in the 1860s,with Prestwick Professional Charles Hunter laying  out the first proper course on Stair Park.The Club moved grounds twice more before returning to Girvan in 1902 to the newly formed Girvan Burgh Golf Club,land was aquired from Mr. & Mrs.J.C.Kennedy & Prestwick  St Nicholas Professional, David Kinnell laid out a new course on this land,along with the remaining land from the original course,the Club officially opened in 1903.In 1920 after the War James Braid was brought in to re-design the Links.The card shows the Links in the 1930s, published by.E.T.W.Dennis & Sons,London,  No.G.407.Superb condition.The card is in MINT unposted condition.                                                                                                                  Ref.1630

Girvan Golf Links C.1918-30 Ref.1630

£11.99Price

    . Proudly created with Wix.com

    Cart
    Cart
    Cart