Chingford Golf Links, 16th Hole C.1909 published by Shamrock & Co., Photographers & Printers on a W.H.Smith & Sons, Postcard in their Kingsway Series No. S 2140. The card is in Very Good + condition, the reverse is age-darkened, the card was posted in 1909. It would appear after researching this Club that there are 3 Club's that play their Golf at Epping, Royal Epping Forest Golf Club, Epping Forest Ladies Golf Club & Chingford Municipal Golf Club. The Chingford members initially played at Epping Forest as Artisans only, unable to join the Club for some reason, these artisan Members formed Chingford Golf Club in 1901 when the local Council took over running of Public  Booking at Epping. Like St.Andrews, Epping Forest is one of the few Club's that play over a Municipal Golf Course. The Club was founded in 1888 but it is unclear who designed the first course, although the Club's history credits James Braid with improvements to the course in the 1920s. Both Clubs are listed in the Golfers Handbook at the same address.                  Ref.1847                       

Chingford Golf Links Ref.1847 C.1911

£4.99Price